I might get a tattoo after all | Tattoo inspiration

Thinking about getting a tattoo brings me back to the time when I was 14 years old and obsessed with piercings, dying the ends of my hair re...

Thinking about getting a tattoo brings me back to the time when I was 14 years old and obsessed with piercings, dying the ends of my hair red, smoking cigarettes and... - obviously - tattoo's. When I was 14 I clearly felt the need to be different. Now, four years later, I have changed a lot. I look no different from other people (no facial piercings, coloured hair, alternative clothing style, etc.) and also I don't feel the need to look any different, but on the other hand, I guess I'm just different in my very own way. Also, I think my dad just talked me out of it, of getting a tattoo. Well, surprise surprise (and sorry dad), but I'm - again - thinking about getting a tattoo!


I have to admit that I'm still not a fan of the very big, colored tattoo's. Although I think my mom has one of the prettiest tattoo's (quite a big one on her ankle and with color) I have ever seen, because of the meaning and the fact that her boyfriend drew the design. That's amazing! However, I'm more into the small, meaningful, symbolic tattoo's and I'd really like to have one myself on either my hip or under my collarbone. I have chosen these two spots, because I could easily hide the tattoo if I'd want to. Also, it'd be something I'd get just for myself, because it's sexy in someway, very few people will get to see it and knowing that, it will give me confidence. It's no surprise that I've searched all over Pinterest to find some tattoo inspiration and to give you an idea of what I want, I am going to share some of the photos with you.


I marked my ideal spot for a tattoo; just under my hip bone.



I don't know if I want text or just a symbol. I always wanted ''AndrĂ  tutto bene - mamma'' (means Everything will be alright) tattooed, but I would like a simple, meaningful symbol as well.



An elephant tattoo would be really cute and somehow reminds me of traveling, which I love. 


I would really like to get a tattoo on my hip, but it's got the chance of deforming when getting weight or pregnant. Therefore I'd like to get tatted a little lower, a little below the hip bone (the pelvis?).



I will keep you posted on this idea of mine. Luckily small tattoo's aren't so expensive, so I can pay one myself (after a having saved a little money) and so all that is left to do is to really think about what I want as a tattoo and... I'll really have to convince my dad. Wish me luck!

All the pictures are from Pinterest or Tumblr

You Might Also Like

0 reacties